Updates for 02/25/07
6:00 p.m.
A good day for Gavin today. They've taken off one of the arterial IV lines (the one from his left wrist) and he's off of most the meds. The ventilator is off and they hope to take the chest tubes out tomorrow. He's much more alert than before and is almost his old self again. When I come to his bed, his eyes well up with tears and he starts to cry ... I can almost hear him asking for me to let him loose ... :-( ... it's tough seeing him like that ... thankfully, he calms down after I stroke his hand and forehead. He really doesn't like those tubes in his nose and has a hard time coughing (and it probably doesn't feel too good coughing with those 3 chest tubes to boot)
It's gotten very crowded in the CVICU (they've even had to put another baby in Gavin's unit) and it seems they are a bit understaffed. I've only got good things to say about the Drs. and nurses there ... they are top notch.
We'll try to publish daily pictures to show his progress as those various contraptions are taken off. (scroll down to the previous post to see yesterday's pics)
A good day for Gavin today. They've taken off one of the arterial IV lines (the one from his left wrist) and he's off of most the meds. The ventilator is off and they hope to take the chest tubes out tomorrow. He's much more alert than before and is almost his old self again. When I come to his bed, his eyes well up with tears and he starts to cry ... I can almost hear him asking for me to let him loose ... :-( ... it's tough seeing him like that ... thankfully, he calms down after I stroke his hand and forehead. He really doesn't like those tubes in his nose and has a hard time coughing (and it probably doesn't feel too good coughing with those 3 chest tubes to boot)
It's gotten very crowded in the CVICU (they've even had to put another baby in Gavin's unit) and it seems they are a bit understaffed. I've only got good things to say about the Drs. and nurses there ... they are top notch.
We'll try to publish daily pictures to show his progress as those various contraptions are taken off. (scroll down to the previous post to see yesterday's pics)
![]() | ![]() |
![]() | ![]() |





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home